I have become aware that some organisations (Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Cares, Talking About My Generation) have taken the decision to cancel events or meetings due to the corona virus (currently until the end of April).
Currently our meetings will continue, but we will need to check if the situation changes.
I think each person has to make their own decision on whether or not to attend future meetings and trips of Out In The City.
Everyone can help support the response to the coronavirus by:
- following public health authorities’ advice, for example on hand washing
- reducing the impact and spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources, such as that on http://www.nhs.uk/ or http://www.gov.uk/
- checking and following the latest Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advice when travelling and planning to travel
- ensuring your vaccinations are up to date as this will help reduce the pressure on the NHS through reducing vaccine-preventable diseases
- checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours
- using NHS 111 (including online, where possible), pharmacies and GPs responsibly, and go to the hospital only when you really need to. This is further explained on the NHS website www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-andemergencycare/when-to-go-to-ae/
- being understanding of the pressures the health and social care systems may be under, and receptive to changes that may be needed to the provision of care to you
- accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self isolation at home and simple over the counter medicines
- checking for new advice as the situation changes.