I was hoping to have a meeting this week to make plans for the group but in view of the coronavirus pandemic Church House is closed until at least 15 April 2020 so there are no more meetings or trips for Out In The City at present.
The NHS advice is to avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas and to avoid events with large groups of people.
- The Stockport Plaza tour scheduled for 19 March and the trip to New Mills scheduled for 26 March are cancelled.
- The Bridgewater Hall trip scheduled for 20 March is cancelled.
- The Manchester Pride Conference scheduled for 24 March will not be happening at the Lowry Theatre. However, there is some attempt for the conference to go ahead online. I’m waiting for updates.
- The Talking About My Generation Celebration scheduled for 27 March has been postponed until late summer.
- The Intergenerational Session and Play “Last of the Pelican Daughters” scheduled for 1 April are cancelled.
- I’m still waiting to hear about the Bury Pride Rainbow Train.
Meanwhile, please stay safe and stay in (virtual) contact.
Some good news: Last year we raised £2,250 which was spent on two minibus trips and subsidising activities. This year we have raised over £4,000 (Auto Trader Community Fund £1,000, Manchester Guardian Society £1,000 and Manchester Well-Being Fund £2,000). I’ve also received an anonymous donation of £300. Hopefully, later in the year we will have four minibus trips … so that’s something to look forward to.